GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boogie209
Admin

PostSubject: THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!   Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:06 pm

Eventually there's going to be a time in your life where the world just seems cold. Where you feel completely alone, enraged, down and out, or you just feel like your back is against the wall. That there's just so much negative build up with how your world is crumbling, you just want to get everything off your chest. Here you can unload the hardships and negativity that you carry. Be it a powerful rant, or just simple venting of aggression or negativity. You're open to let it all out here.

Guidelines of this Thread:
-Be expressive and don't bottle anything up, upon the island you can vent out your negativity within this thread. Keep in mind that this is your safe zone, vent as much as you want whenever you want.

-Be it a rant, or venting of aggression and negativity you can let it all out here. It can be a matter that you don't want to share elsewhere, like places on DA, Facebook, or other forums for an example. Your burden will be treated with respectful understanding so don't be afraid in releasing the skeletons from your closet.

Members Reach Out and Help If You Can:
In the strongest way possible, this thread is a means to help you let go of all of your stress, frustrations, and negativity, almost like a cleansing of yourself. And we as members are allowed to help you through all of this. Anyone can reach out and offer their advice, understanding, and most of all their support. If a member is truly in need of us, none of us will hesitate to pick you back up whenever you fall.

In light of that note, I'll help in offering my support through the brilliance and support of TOONAMI, from TOM's Life Speech back in 2013. It's really helpful in getting me through the day and whenever I feel down and out. I'm certain it will help many of you should you need some support.

MAY 16TH 2014: IT CAN'T BE STOPPED

Last edited by Boogie209 on Thu May 15, 2014 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gormaruisland.halofight.com
xeraimus

PostSubject: Re: THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!   Wed May 14, 2014 10:53 pm

I am not having a good day, thanks to my mother...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boogie209
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!   Thu May 15, 2014 1:31 am

What's wrong Xera? What exactly happened between you and her? You can let it all out here, this is your safe zone.

Back to top Go down
G-Matt

PostSubject: Re: THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!   Thu May 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Just when I thought my stuffy nose was getting better, today the pollen allergies came back full force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xeraimus

PostSubject: Re: THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!   Wed May 21, 2014 7:47 am

Boogie209 wrote:
What's wrong Xera? What exactly happened between you and her? You can let it all out here, this is your safe zone.
A lot lets just leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boogie209
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!   Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:33 am

Well, it has been a while. But I'm in need of some proper venting for a while.

Recently, one of my fans had come to me and said that someone utterly hates Gormaru and my kaiju. Finding them to just be Godzilla without spikes, Kong, and Rodan. It's pretty unfortunate to know that someone "hates" something that you created from the heart, from your very being. But still, I want to set the record straight.

GORMARU is a 1950 inspired monster series, a series created from the same veins as the 1950 Monster films. My monsters are creative inspirations from the era, but they are original creations of mine.

Gormaru, is a monster mainly inspired from the creativity of Ray Harryhausen and my love for his work as a monster fan. In body concept, Gormaru takes notes from Gojira in having a hind legged bulky monster. In terms of claws, feet, and tail, these root from the Rhedosaurus. But in overall foundation and design, 90% of Gormaru is crafted after the Armadillo Girdled Lizard. A creature I once had as a pet, and loved deeply. While Gormaru is similar to Gojira within a certain extent, there are more than enough differences and material that separates both creatures apart from each other.

Hyo-jin, is a combination of the legendary Yeti and Wendigo, already from the get-go this sets him far apart from King Kong. In design, power, and personality, Hyo-Jin is his own beast. There is no inspiration of Kong within Hyo-Jin's foundation. Even his origin and material is unique and not like Kong's at all. So really, it leaves me bewildered that someone would even make that comparison. Might as well call Blizzard from Primal Rage King Kong while we're shooting in the dark.

Terrorok is a monster whose main foundation and material is built from the structure and myths of Gargoyles. Tied to this extensively is his design, which takes very much after a Gargoyle. To bridge 1950 inspiration, I used notes from the Giant Claw and Rodan, in this case, it was Terrorok's neck and saurian features. Other then that, Terrorok is generally its own beast and creation. Admitting-ly, Terrorok's original origin was very much like Rodan 1956, so towards the opinion of this. I agree, if things were as they was like in the beginning. But I adapted and matured Terrork's origin, drawing greatly from Gargoyles once again. And now, in design, power, concept, and origin. Terrorok is definitely his own beast, and nothing exactly like Rodan.

In general, while few of my monsters have a creative inspirational root from the 1950 titans of old cinema. They are their own beasts, they are my own original monsters born from me. Monsters who underwent multiple stages of concept and creative design.

In case you were wondering as to who "hates" my monsters, apparently it's someone from the CKC community. Really, this leaves me to question as to how someone could "hate" another person's creatures for no apparent reason. Much less hate something without knowing all the facts. It's just one person, but still what is the "Why" in all of this? To be honest, this is one of the reasons as to why I haven't put up any of my monsters for CKC. While not all people there are bad, there are members in the community who are not all that welcoming, nor are they very open minded and accepting. And apparently from meeting many others like myself, they too feel the same way.

Oh well, it's just one person's opinion. All that matters is that I stick to my guns, ignore people like this, and just continue to work on what I love. There will always be critics and haters out there, it comes with the territory when producing any content. As GORMARU continues to gradually become well-liked in its exposure, I have to expect this. Well, just wanted to get this off my chest! Don't worry, these titans aren't changing!

Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!   Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:27 pm

I need to vent a little bit, it's not really anything bad or horrible. I just feel conflicted.

A great friend of mine, I'll just call him "Dave", has been a great friend of mine since my childhood days. We practically grew up together, from going
to school together, to hanging out and supporting each other through the darkest of times. I basically see Dave as a brother of mine.

Within the beginning of this year, Dave had managed to get into a relationship with a girl he works with at his late night job. This women is much
older than him, has a pre-started family, and has a very big appetite for expensive goods and spoils. I've heard glimpses of her personality, and have seen
the effects they have through Dave. They tend to argue most of the time, she has put Dave into some serious financial debt, and whenever he tries to
leave, his girl puts on the water-works and Dave comes right back to her. Hell, Dave's girl doesn't even trust him, accusing him of cheating whenever he is a few minutes late of getting home after getting off work and being stuck in traffic. Or getting off work and stopping by for a short hello at me and the gang.

Dave looks to be trying to endure all of this because (1: Most of his own group of friends are married, and he doesn't want to live out his days alone./ 2: He doesn't want to be "another number" who walked out of his girl's life, because apparently several guys she had dated have done that already before Dave showed up.)

Now Dave and his girl are getting married this October. And he has invited me, my family, and my group of friends to his wedding.
Again, Dave is like family to me, Hell, I accept him as part of my family. And while he has the fullest extent of my support as a brother to me, I just
can't get behind this wedding nor can I get behind his girl. I don't like the idea and I don't like her. It's like watching your best friend drown in a big open lake, and while you can clearly take his hand and pull him out onto the boat, your friend refuses to save himself and just sinks down.

It's very clear that I do not approve Dave's girl, I do not approve of their relationship and the damages that have been done either. My family and my own group of friends feel the same way. But the question remains: Will I accept his invitation and go to his wedding?

And my answer to that is: I honestly don't know, I want to support him and I'll always have his back. But I just can't get behind him on this. Most of myself is just screaming "NOT GOING. I do not accept this!", but the small part that stands against the majority is whispering "Do it for him, he's basically your family." I'll be open and honest about this, I'm conflicted.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!   

Back to top Go down

THE VENT GENERAL THREAD!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1